Greenholme - An evergreen home where we grow professionally

Greenholme - An evergreen home where we grow professionally
"Education is for improving the lives of others and for leaving your community and world better than you found it." Marian Wright Edelman

Thursday 24 April 2008

A poem against Guns and Voilence & Real Toronto Youtube Website

How many memorials
I have to erect in the city?
How many times I have to stand
In the circle to pray
For the fallen heroes?
How many times I have to stop
Having my dinner during the evening news?
My God where are you?
Now I need you the most.
My heart is on fire and
The feathers of my guardian angel are burning.
Look around us.
People with no hope
Walking like zombie
Don't erect a memorial or put flowers
Where I was gunned down. Throw all the guns and drugs in a pyre
And give me hope for tomorrow.
by Ifti Nasim
Chicago
(Reggie Nunnery,a young man, was gunned down in gang cross fire. Reggie was an innocent by stander)
Please visit this You Tube website for Real Toronto
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjhJgR4ZR8A
Please visit this you tube website for "VOICE FOR THE VOICELESS"
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVoVDgc-Og&feature=related

No comments:

Powered By Blogger